Sunday, June 24, 2007

Our Star Spangled Adventure Day Thirty-One

Friday, June 22nd, Day Thirty-One

wow...I really thought I would be able to post while I was here in NYC.......guess I was wrong. Not surprised...we have been quite busy!

so, we hit the road, I mean subway, and spent the day exploring:

~Liberty Island and the Statue
~Ellis Island and Museum
~walked up to Ground Zero
~Museum of Modern Art.......we got to see STARRY, STARRY NIGHT by Vincent Van Gogh..WAY COOL....I had not told the kids....who were wondering why I was SO emphatic about getting to the MoMA...they know modern art is not really my preference...I took them up to the gallery where it hangs....and they caught it by surprise.......I loved seeing their faces as each of them realized what they were seeing. :) I wish I could go see it again.....we also saw Picasso's THREE MUSICIANS.......another dear "friend" of ours. Surprisingly, we met another friend at MoMA........quite a few paintings from Winslow Homer. Very cool. For those of you who do not know........we have studied A LOT of artists in our homeschooling years.......and the artists DO become like "friends"
~walked up 5th Avenue
~Times Square, at night.......was not as "scary" as I thought it would be with the kids. We actually were there for sunset, and dinner.

Of course, many details are left out.....temporarily, I hope :)

~C~

No comments: