Monday, May 11, 2009

Sad news for one of my dearest friends......

If you are one of the few who read my blog regularly.........two of which are actually in her own family............you will probably recognize my friend's name.

It is with great sadness for one of my dearest friends, Willa, that I beg these prayers.

Earlier today the sad news came.....that her father passed away this morning, unexpectedly.

Being unexpected does make it all the more painful.

A few specific requests:

.....for Clare, she was to spend ten days with her grandparents next week in Alaska.....and this is especially painful.

.....for Liam as he finishes up his finals at TAC and graduates this weekend.

......for Paddy & Aidan, they are so young and this sorrow is strange to them

......for Willa's mom....she and her husband were a very close couple.....

......for the rest of the family, of course........her other children and husband, and Willa's brothers and their families

And, could you please MOST ESPECIALLY offer a MEMORARE for Willa's dad's soul? He was a Christian, and a good man, but not Catholic.......and Willa has been praying so hard and so long for his conversion......she feels this loss most painfully.

Could you please pray that Memorare for her peace as well? This is one of her favorite prayers.


MEMORARE

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided. Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother; to thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen. Thank you so much for covering my friend, and your friend, in these prayers.

You are all so dear. You may leave a note of condolence here for Willa and family, if you so please.

Thank you so much for your prayers. I know Willa and her family covet them. I do as well.

Blessings,

Chari

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for them all!

Chari said...

Thank you, L!

God bless you!