Thursday, July 24, 2008

Ten Beautiful Things.....July 2008

I have been kind of grieving over the fact that I have not had beautiful "things" to see this smoky summer........
........woe is me. :)


And, then, Thursday evening, just before dusk, I drove into town, and I do what I always have done, for almost two decades, and certainly all this summer..................I smiled to myself, GIDDY, every time I see the wild sweet peas all over my hometown area. I LOVE sweet peas............they are April's flowers........and April is MY month. And, they are every where............I can't wait for them to arrive to arrive each year............as it means summer is finally HERE. I watch them growing on the sides of roads.........till they bloom......and bloom and bloom. I just love their smell.........don't you?

Those sweet peas reminded me that I cannot find Ten Things Beautiful. I have been trying.........and it just depressed me to look up at the mountains. Being the optimist that I am, I decided I had to get rid of that negative thought, and to search out ten beautiful things, IN SPITE OF the smoke. I thought out my plan and kept my eyes low, out of the smoke, looking for beauty. I just had to lift my spirits. :) And, I guess that means..........look LOW!

So, here is what I came up with yesterday, in no particular order:

1. Sweet Peas...........everywhere around here...................around every turn in the road..........they are so familiar to me............my heart and eyes expect them............and they prove themselves all summer. I wait expectantly each June............it does my heart good, trusting God, that out of the depths of winter.......I KNOW He will always return the sweet peas to me.


Taken June, 2006.



Taken June, 2006......Paddy (3 1/2) and Malachy (4 1/2), playing and exploring a field of sweet peas. Paddy belongs to Willa and we will be leaving tomorrow to go visit them for a week. This is the photo Anne has on her computer desktop.


2. Miss Miranda's sweet smile and yummy smell when she got out of the bath to give me a goodnight hug Thursday night. Five year olds are so yummy, aren't they!?!

Miss Miranda visiting with us and our kitties last week.

3. Miss Miranda's mommy: Louise...........got to love her beauty, both physically (great smile, sparkly eyes and gorgeous skin........love the dark colors God painted her........) and the beauty within her soul. She has a great big heart............and I love my friendship with her........and scrapbooking at her house, as often as we can. :)

4. Amazing sunsets through the smoke..............see previous post.

5. The little plastic "bubbles" Miss Miranda left in the dirt and flowers in front of her garage........they look like little fairy bubbles...........and I was so delighted when my eye caught them. I definitely had to look low to catch them! :)

6. The other wildflowers growing on the side of the roads.......and in the meadows I drive by daily. Yellow is an especially prominent color!

7. I passed so many beautiful ponds during my drives on Thursday. The reeds growing in the ponds are so pretty........love the strength they bring to my mind.

8. The little Western Scrub Jay hopping across my road as I drove out to town.




photo from google


9. Delicious kitties cuddling together.......all day, every day. Malachy cannot get his fill. He drags me out of the house, sometimes a few times a day, to see what they are up to......."how cute they are! Take their picture!"



Our sweet babies

10. "Farmer Jacob".........you know, like Farmer John. My friend Shawna and her husband, Jacob, have just purchased 11 acres of beauty.......ponds, streams, wildflowers, birds, dragonflies..............etc. Oh, and A LOT of work. :)

So, I drove onto her drive-way yesterday, and there was Farmer Jacob, which I vowed to call him from now on a few weeks ago when he and Matthew were lifting hay bales.........yesterday he was standing by the pasture fence, tying the sprinkler to the fence with wire........just like I see farmers do all the time..............they are always messing with their fences, you know. :) Anyway...........seeing Jacob there brought a grin to my face........and he was wearing his usual great grin. I said: "And this work will never end".......and He said: "And, this is only the beginning." Another big grin. He is SO happy. :)

So, there you have it! I actually came up with more..............maybe for another day!

I feel better already........and today, I could even see more beauty, now that I have changed my attitude! :)

God bless,

Chari

No comments: