Saturday, October 18, 2008

MY HEARTS' HAVEN DAYBOOK 2008







My Hearts' Haven Daybook



October 20, 2008



Monday afternoon (REALLY, it WAS!!! But, Matthew bumped me off of the computer in the evening so I could not get this posted....and then the next morning-he bumped me again! Pray he gets a good, no, a great grade on his paper)



Outside My Window.........I am at the college library again. Across the room, I can see trees gently moving with the wind. When we drove around town this morning, and then here at the college, we have all been shocked with the sudden changing to the fall colors in the trees since last week.


I am thinking..........I kind of like having this 50 minutes to write on the blog every Monday.......when Shawna can take Malachy, this works well. And, he is so much happier and less bored. Good fit for all of us.



I am thankful for........That cute little Benedict Michael...and, that I get to be his godmother! :)




For friends who say: "what can I do for you today?" and then take Malachy for a couple of hours......and for friends who are willing to surprise him with a birthday cake, because his birthday falls on our crazy day of the week and there was no time to make him a cake when we just got home from San Francisco at 11pm last night.


I am wearing........something different for once: a brown knit skirt with a striped (brown, black, white, beige) knit top.....and leggings, of course....which I will wear until next spring.......every.single.day.

I am creating........a combined baby shower for Maria and Gloria....literature based, of course!

I am going........to remain calm, while life zips by. :)

I am reading.........I am almost done with The Four Loves by CS Lewis! I know I started it in the spring....and I have been dragging it up and down the state of California with me while I have traveled.....but, I only have about 20 pages left......and I love it! Uh, no pun intended :).......still reading The Magician's Nephew by CS Lewis to the two younger boys, as well as the D'Aulaires' Greek Myths and something else......can't remember what it is.


I am hoping.......still working on some school ideas....I am making changes...........please pray for fruitfulness in this area.



I am hearing......those quiet library noises and the clicking of my keyboard . I LOVE the ambiance of a library. Don't you?



I am wondering.......how did the time go by so fast! My wee fella is SEVEN years old today!!!



Around the house.......well, I am not exactly AT the house.......but, I do know about it. It is in need of some tender-loving care.......which I hope to give to it very soon. Also, there is no water at our house. I guess Marty found a very large puddle around our well yesterday. This morning he dug down to the leak.......and is at this time trying to find the parts he needs to fix it. Not having very good luck, I hear.



UPDATE: Our water is back on.............dishes are done and showers taken care of.........but a few issues are remaining to take care of..........is my husband amazing, or what??!!



Ah, I guess that would make two more things I am thankful for: WATER and a husband who can fix things....who tries even if he has never done it before.


Now Showing..........I cannot think if we have seen any movies in the last week or so.....oh, three of the kids enjoyed the Indiana Jones TV series, of when Indy is a wee lad, while we were at Gloria's in San Fran.



In the schoolroom.........yes, I am forever trying to get back on track......sad. So, there is a bit of Greek Myths going on for the three youngers, some French and Indian War for Sarah.......Matthew has been working on American Literature papers, Greek history, Geometry and learning the lines for his lead role....in TWO different plays...prepping for SATs and lots of other stuff. Sarah and Maddelyn are just about off-book (have their lines memorized) for their parts.......both are working on the lives of fractions. Garrett and Malachy are finishing up their mathbooks here shortly. And, various other academic activities.


One of my favorite things.........the vibrant Fall colors here at the college. I am in absolute awe of God's handiwork.

Signs of the season...........see above. :) Oh, and my leggings. :) I just bought three new pair, to replace the other ones I am wearing out. :) Can you tell I like to be warm???


A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week.......without having much time to check out my calendar yet since I have returned home....this is what I think my plans are:


*To have working water at my house asap! DONE!!


*Malachy has a Soccer game this afternoon..........after he has birthday cake with Louise and Miranda. DONE!!!


*To meet Sophie, Miranda's new Teacup Persian DONE!!!...what a scrumptious cat! Pictures as soon as I buy some new batteries!


*Garrett and Malachy will wind up the soccer season this weekend.


*I am scheduled to work tomorrow...not looking likely at this moment. DID!!!! And, I am posting this while I am here, off the clock, of course!


*To help a friend move into her new house. She has hurt her back and needs the help. DONE!!!


*Straighten the house. DOING!!!



*Be successful with school this week.


*To get Malachy's First Holy Communion Notebook started......he is SO excited! And, so am I! Gloria will be doing it at the same time with her three older girls....wish we could do it in the same neighborhood.

*Drive the kids around, a lot. :) DOING!!!

-music lessons

-voice lessons

-math

-rehearsals

-soccer

*Pray DOING!!!

*Plan a baby shower for two dear mothers-of-many.

*and, do a million and one things I am not yet aware of :)


Special prayer requests on my mind this week........

good health for our whole family.....we are having a hard time kicking the congestion.....though we are not sick anymore.........

for the Saint Gerard post..........

getting back on our feet, educationally............

and for private intentions......

for my friend who hurt her back: for healing and for an educational issue she is having with one of her kids...........

for the local boy who broke his neck in that football game way back......the newspaper update stated that he is a quadriplegic at this time.......and is making slow progress with small movements. This is a 17/18 year old boy....so let's pray really hard for him for healing....he has so much life ahead of him.....

For my father-in-law who just turned 85 years old.......

Continued prayers for Sabine's little Michael.......

Do you have any special intentions to share with us?

I am currently scrapbooking......... I am still going through my Creative Memories magazines looking for inspiration for the Star-Spangled Adventure album.......


Here is picture thought I am sharing........I cannot do just one! I did limit myself to only three. These were all taken while on our last trip down to southern California.

Malachy......seven years old today!


In Robynn's pool in Lancaster.




At Disneyland.

Jumping for joy in the Pacific Ocean, right next to the Santa Monica Pier.


Happy 7th Birthday, Malachy!!!!!



Love and prayers for all of you!



Chari

2 comments:

Clare said...

Happy birthday, Malachy!!

Willa said...

Happy Seventh Birthday, Malachy! Aidan is sitting at the keyboard and says HI too. He likes the pictures!