Friday, August 8, 2008

Haven Heartbeats

Well, my day most certainly did NOT go the way I thought it would!

I started this post last night, and planned to post it this morning before my Grandma got to the PC to check. Alas, my phone rang at 6:15am (ugh) with someone begging me to come to work today. It was a good day to go, I guess.....I only had lots of things I wanted to do......not anything I had to do. So, I went.

On the way there, I begged God not to let any deliveries happen on my shift (I am an OB nurse, for those that are unaware).......I told Him I was not in the mood. :) WHILE I was driving there.......the patient went from 6 cm to delivery in the fifteen minutes I was driving. :) God was so good to me. :) Even so, it was a crazy kind of day. In the end........I still got out of the hospital an hour and half early. yes.

But now........I was too tired to do anything I had written, at almost midnight, on my to-do list for today. I could not even veg in front of this screen........there was a teenager in my way. :)

Speaking of teenagers, there were two extra ones here tonight:

John G and son Walter (14.5yrs) and nephew Ian (15 years?) and friend are here for a couple of days at the end of their week of camping. My boys were supposed to join them.......but we went to the Sierras instead. Good move. :) Their last day of fun is tubing tomorrow on the river.............I believe my boys are planning to join them. One is thinking of backing out since it will not be too hot. Our high tomorrow looks like only 79*.....though it is usually warmer on the river.


So, here is the post that was supposed to run this morning.........before I was interrupted this morning in my sleep.....ugh........


****************

From our garden: Last night we ate steamed coosa with dinner. Coosa is the Arabic word for squash.......our squash just happens to be Lebanese. My father-in-law is Lebanese, first generation......my husband, half........my children, one quarter. The beans and peas are ready............I planted two different kinds of each. We also ate buttercrunch lettuce on our sandwiches today. Malachy ate three large carrots straight out of the garden this evening........he did wash them! Our garden is about a month behind normal in growth and produce.............could it be because we planted it about a month later than usual???

Scrapbooking: My friend Su Z got about 31 pages done while she was here.....including the finishing of her European Trip album......well, except for that journaling part. I am just about finished with the first of many chronological albums from the time Marty and I met in 1982. I hope to finish it tonight or tomorrow........it ends in the middle of 1987.............so I will only be 21 years behind! Of course.........I still need to do most of the journaling in that album. For the rest of the weekend I will try to cram time in to finish my wedding scrapbook........our 23rd anniversary is on Sunday.....and it is a surprise for Marty..........ONLY three years in the making..........He gets it whether I finish the last bit or not!

Kid focus: Sarah was so sweet.........On Tuesday morning, she got up and started preparing a birthday cake for our newly 13 year old visitor............she knew exactly what she wanted for the baseball All-Star Pitcher........who just may go somewhere someday with that arm of his............a cake made in the shape and design of a baseball. His mom told him that if he agreed to STAY 12 years old...........she would let him have his birthday presents. He agreed. The poor mother..........this is her baby. :)

Update of the Gun Fun around here: Matthew tried to convince me that these airguns were safe enough to shoot people: "Come on, Mama, shoot me and see." So I did. He is right. They are not very unsafe. So, the boys played with the guns.........wore eye protection...........and Maddelyn found if you shoot at close range........you can get a tiny little welt. So, they have to avoid shooting at close range.......except for that little tiny welt on Garrett's face. The boys even made a mini-movie with the tractor lawn mower and the airguns. A few have broken already.......argh.


I am happy a two-day class I was required to take next week has been post-poned till September.....yay...........I only just got the book on Tuesday........and have yet to start studying. Less pressure for the moment.

We are trying to decide where to go camping next week with Marty for a few days..............looks like somewhere close to Crater Lake it will be.

An update to this post:

Well, as you can guess..........NO scrapbooking got done today.......and I am too tired tonight..........so, I will focus on the wedding one tomorrow......in the midst of working on that to-do list.

Tonight the girls made homemade pesto from our garden basil. It was very tasty.......John RAVED about it........said "This is the best pesto I have ever eaten." GREAT compliment from John.

Walter and Ian have been very anxious to use their airguns all week........John told them they had to wait till they got here.............so he dropped them off here before heading to their home spot. I think they enjoyed themselves, warring all the afternoon away.

Matthew and Garrett got our new out building painted today........a shelter for the dogs. I will try to photo it soon to share. Malachy and the dogs also got painted, somehow :)

It is a bit chillier out tonight......I actually have had to close a few windows.

And, now.......good night....I think I am a bit tired....... :)

Yaaaaaawwnn.....just a bit!

With love,

Chari

No comments: