Sunday, May 25, 2008

Ten Beautiful Things.....May 2008

I actually wrote this on April 5th and never got it up. So me.

I wonder if anything seems outdated??



Ten Beautiful Things........

I thought about today (on April 5th :) ).

1. Based on a recent discussion at 4 Real, an online Catholic Homeschooling Community..........I got to thinking about things......and realized that 4 Real is one of the most beautiful places on this earth...........my co-moderators are some of the most beautiful people, the members, too........I love them all, and the beauty and generosity they share. I thank God for them often, as I would be quite isolated in my little world here at the top of the state, without them.

2. Mount Shasta after a recent snowstorm.

3. My 17 year old son reciting poetry.

4. The generosity of my 6 year old son.

5. My husband and three teenagers, talking into the night. Yes, they, I mean WE, all pay for it later........but the bonding and memory-making is irreplaceable. Does anyone else have this happen in their house? (HA! Happened yet AGAIN, last night!.......and, it is outdated.......I actually have FOUR teenagers now........though the younger one will not be up late much for awhile........she knows how to put herself to bed most of the time :) )

6. My husband dancing.........especially with his daughters. He has such class. He gets it from his dad. Sometimes I am jealous of the girls........I have two left feet :(

7. The innocent and trusting look in my two golden retrievers eyes, when they see you coming.

8. Our roosters..........especially when they let all of their plummage show. I love to just STARE at them...............even though their crowing can make me nuts. I actually have FIVE roosters! They rarely fight..............and they never seem to die.

9. The Story the Rosary tells........I LOVE the meditation.

10. How beautiful little children are when they give up, and fall asleep. Only one more left in my home. :(

So, I challenge YOU to look for TEN beautiful things around you, too. If you do, please post on your blog, and leave a note in my comments section so I can come see your list. If you do not have a blog, please leave a list in my comments section. If I remember, I will try to do this at least once a season. My first list is here.

Enjoy the beauty......it is everywhere around us! Blessed be God!

~C~

PS..............I may just try to see what today brings, too.

No comments: