Monday, August 23, 2010

Thankfulness Times Ten

I awoke this morning......no, actually, after I was awakened this morning, after a 2:15am bedtime, by my darling, sweet 8 year old fellow who was bored because no one else was yet awake in the house.....I lay thinking about thankfulness. Mentally, I began a list of ten things I was thankful for.......of course, I struggle to remember what my thoughts were at that time. :)

Here is my original blog post about this topic in January 2008.  I thought that I had written about this topic since, but I cannot find any such posts.

Here are the rules I gave myself at that time:

Recently, I read about research showing that folks who use journaling to write what they are thankful for...instead of just a place to vent, find their lives are more happy, more satisfying. It got me thinking......yeah, I know, scary thought.......well, it got me thinking, it might be kind of nice to just find ten things I am thankful for, in the moment. I have no rules...I may go over ten, if I cannot help myself......I may repeat myself.....and, I will write in no particular order of importance. If you feel inspired to do the same....do link yourself here in the comment section.

I am thankful for........

1. That we got our once-in-a-lifetime chance to see those amazing works at the art museum in San Francisco.....actual paintings of The Impressionists from THE Louvre!  A dream come true!  And, that there is one more exhibit coming to San Fran, to double the delight......and that we have the G Family to live with whenever we are in San Fran.  Two families couldn't be more compatible.


2.  That we get to go to the beautiful ocean at least twice.  We loooove the ocean.


3.  The fun of staying up too late chatting weddings with a future bride....and following it up with more fun and chatty conversation with my three girls.  Lots of giggling, of course.


4.  Arriving in time to San Diego to attend the first annual Twain Fest in Old Town San Diego.  It was delightful to spend the day in a literary-based fashion!  I love that my kids loved this day, too!


5.  Eight-year olds who love to climb in bed with their mama for serious cuddling, kissing her, and saying "I love you"


6.  A too-short, but charming visit with my Great-Uncle Howard and my second cousin Lynn.  Lynn's breakfast was yummy and quite a treat.  I am grateful that Unc could have enough imagination to let my crowd come to stay with him.  I found it amusing to see Garrett following Unc around helping him with his electrical problem. I also am thankful for Unc sending a candy treat along for our ride.....Aunt Jo would have been proud.  :) Looking forward to future visits.


7. Matthew's opportunity to attend Thomas Aquinas College.  I am incredibly jealous.......I will need to read along with his reading list......well, maybe one book a semester.....or perhaps a year?  Did I already mention I was jealous?


8. Friends who are understanding when we cannot come visit when we thought we would.  :(((

9.  A chance to spend quality time with our San Diego relatives, including the displaced one living in Las Vegas.  I think it has been three years since we have been down here.

10. The Internet which provides an incredibly easy and efficient way of communicating with the family and friends......it makes it easy to keep up with relationships like those uncles, aunts and cousins that you grew up with , but hardly ever see........and with little sisters, too!  And, of course, those friends that live across town that we do not bump into enough......and nieces and nephews....


Have a beautiful day,  counting your blessings!!

With love and prayers,

Chari

No comments: