Sunday, January 6, 2008

Thankfulness Times Ten

Happy New Year, 2008!!
~~~~~~~~
Recently, I read about research showing that folks who use journaling to write what they are thankful for...instead of just a place to vent, find their lives are more happy, more satisfying. It got me thinking......yeah, I know, scary thought.......well, it got me thinking, it might be kind of nice to just find ten things I am thankful for, in the moment. I have no rules...I may go over ten, if I cannot help myself......I may repeat myself.....and, I will write in no particular order of importance. If you feel inspired to do the same....do link yourself here in the comment section.
~~~~~~~~
My friend had a very long list at the bottom of her blog, adding to it as needed. I am not sure if it is there on her new blog. I sure enjoyed the idea.
~~~~~~
Okay, here goes......
1. For my new car.....it is a 2001, but it is new to me. My husband found the perfect car for me....and after traveling cross-country in it for two months, and other various shorter trips.....it performs very well. I think you can find it in one of my first posts on this blog. It is on my mind right now as I travel....and appreciate it.
****
2. For getting to spend some time with mom on this trip. It was great fun looking at really old photos.....and for finding baby pictures of Aunt Jennifer and Cousin Julie...who knew any existed :)
****
3. I am so grateful that I am 43 years old...and I still have my grandma around! She is 86 and a half.....and she reads my blog! :) And, I love that my kids have a relationship with her.....since we go visit her at least once a year. And, I love that she lives near the ocean.......makes visiting her twice as grand! We just love her stew!
****
4. Something I thank God for every day of my life: for the lovely & beautiful Catholic faith. God picked me to join His church 23 years ago.......and I treasure every moment with Him, and especially every opportunity to receive Him in Holy Communion. Sometimes the graces are palpable...aren't they?
****
5. I appreciate the way the use of the internet has brought so many true friends into my life. You know who you are........but especially Willa, Robynn, Su, Erica, Miss Laureen, Mary Chris, et al......
****
6. After living a bit isolated for many years, God provided true friends for me in real life.....Gloria, Cindy, Shawna, Louise & Patty..........are amazing GIFTS. Thank you, Ladies, for just being who you are.....who God is calling you to be.
****
7. My husband, whose love language is "acts of service".....what more can I say :) He takes such good care of his family.........amazingly great care. He is the poster child for "acts of service." :)
****
8. I have six some of the best kids in the world. I thank God regularly, for doing such an incredible job raising these kids in spite of their parents. :) Now, just to remember to tell them more frequently...they sure do deserve to hear it.
****
9. Homeschooling.........I know we have our gaps and are "behind" in a few ways....but the homeschooling lifestyle we live has been one of the best and biggest blessings we could ever hope to receive. My favorite part: my kids have relationships with other, memories with each other.........because we are together almost all of the time.
****
10. My dad....he is kind of different from most dads.........but, he is a great dad. He calls me almost daily........insists on taking us to Disneyland, just so he can watch us have fun....loves to watch movies and eat mint'n'chip ice cream with pretzal sticks. Mmmmmm. Oh, and he is nice and gives great back & neck massages.........come to think of it....he just fell asleep while giving me one....I hear him strirring.....wonder if I can get him to do it some more..... :)
****
I can think of more....but I will save them for next time...I am getting pooped out here......not enough rest lately.
~~~~~~~~
We are away from home right now, visiting my family in Northern Nevada, my former home.......home of my college graduation, wedding and newlywed years and the birth of our first child. Please pray for our travels as we deal with storms in the west on our way home this week.
~~~~~~~~~~
Blessings to you and yours this new year!
~~~~~~~
~C~

1 comment:

JEN said...

Yes, you do have a different kind of father, don't you. Me, too! =) Good thing, too, because I am thankful for him in so many ways! And long before I ever had children, too!