Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Two Worldly Successful Young People Answer God's Call

This most excellent article was brought to my attention today:

Harvard Validictorian chooses the religious life


I read this aloud to my girls.  This young woman has wise advice.  Looks like she is a good thinker.  :)  DO read this article if you have kids......it will give you food for thought, as you and your children pray for their vocation.

Also, earlier this year, there was another story, of a young man "giving up" a potentially successful baseball career to answer God's call to him to become a priest.  His story is here.

I am proud of these young Catholics........one should always seek the higher calling from God first...and then see what he has in store if the religious life is not for him.  I appreciate these two excellent examples to hold up for our children.


Blessings to you and yours, and especially on our children's vocations!

Chari

No comments: