Saturday, April 18, 2009

My Hearts' Haven Daybook

This daybook was originally written on Wednesday, April 15......and could only be posted now......


Outside My Window.......looks like another week in a row of snow and freezing temperatures mixed with 70* days......glad the 70* are waiting for the weekend....can't wait. all that to say......it is freezing cold outside..........gray.......with a thick dusting of snow on the ground........and snow still spitting! BRRRRR.

I am thinking........I wish nitrates did not give me headaches. Marty could not find a nitrate-free ham this Easter. The ham he did buy was muy delicioso!! But....it hurts my head. :(

I am thankful for.............my husband doing the taxes every year and leaving me out of the project. :) SO INCREDIBLY thankful......

From the kitchen.........not sure what's for dinner.

I am wearing........a pink night gown with flower print.......and an old Nevada-Reno Wolfpack sweatshirt, to keep warm, of course.

I am creating........hmmmm.........not sure.......will have to think longer on this......

I am going...........to be a chauffeur, for the day, as usual......meet with Shelly, kids from math, kids to rehearsal, Garrett to and from baseball.......yadda yadda yadda....translated: ad nauseum :)

I am reading.........still: S.T.A.B.L.E., a textbook for a STABLE class I have at the end of the month the topic being for post-resuscitation of the newborn and stabilization of the infant being transported. Finished Those Who Love by Irving Stone. Also just finished an amazing and wonderful book: The Family and the Cross: The Stations of the Cross and Their Relation to Family Life by Joseph Breig. It is one of the BEST books I have ever read. I want to see if it has been republished......it is from 1958, I think. I have also re-started The Confessions of Saint Augustine........I am starting it over. And, I have just started Walden; Or Life in the Woods by Henry David Thoreau. Reading The Wind in the Willows aloud to the boys. A LOT of heavier stuff than usual..........wonder if I can keep it going on?

I am hoping.............it warms up very soon. I want my bones warmer. :) I just checked the ten day forecast........and it is supposed to be near 80* by next Sunday.........oh, Deo Gratias!!!!!

I am hearing......the chatter of six children in their morning routines...........

I am wondering.......if I should go get "something....anything" done

Around the house.......I got a kitchen counter and desk decluttered....AND, this is HUGE: ALL of the snow, ski, boarding gear put away for the rest of the year...AND the garage revamped...AND all of the games put away and re-organized. All of this took only an afternoon because it is one part of my life I have organized well.......and I work on it about every 8 weeks out of the year. to maintain it. It is nice when an organization system works. Too bad I cannot get the rest of the house in that same order.....my poor desk.....my poor husband.

Now Showing..........Kung Fu Panda, Planet Earth, disc one........old musicals like High Society, Oklahoma, etc, for the voice students' homework. Northanger Abbey for the girls and their friend.

In the schoolroom.....and OUT of the schoolroom....what I wrote last time pretty much sums it up: Bach, squares & rectangles, adding to ten, multiplication, fractions, decimals, German, violin, copywork, baseball, piano, singing, American history, chicken egg development, picture books "starring" chickens, Saint stories, First Holy communion notebook and prep, play rehearsals, skiing & boarding (last weekend was LAST day).............and more


One of my favorite things.........watching Matthew build a set for their upcoming play!

Signs of the seasons............minimal snow.....buds on trees........crocuses at the hospital......a few more flowers out this week.......baseball.....bird sounds ever increasing.....swallows diving all around my house.......a freshly roto-tilled garden......ahhhh

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week........opening day of baseball on Saturday.......support Matthew in set-building (drive him here and there...sit with him at the school while he works)...make college phone calls......Anne has an opening weekend for the college play she is co-directing and working as the propmaster for.......maybe go see the play......hang laundry out on the line for the first time this year.......collect learning samples for school......aid Maddelyn in a homework project or two.......go over Matthew's senior project plans......take four of us to the dentist for cleanings and only one filling.....maybe work one day.......study for my class.......attend a three hour meeting/class at work...plus the usual!

Special prayer requests on my mind this week.........for Thomas Aquinas College and the family of its president, Dr. Dillon, who recently died in a car accident.....for Emily and her family.....for a young girl I know.....for Matthew and his doings.......and private intentions.

St. Gerard's List..........Tonia, Suzanne, Louise, Victoria & Erica.....oh, and adding Mindy, someone in our homeschool group

I am currently scrapbooking..........I read a scrapbook magazine from Creative Memories. I am kind of bummed....just when they got the magazine to be really top rate....they go and decide to close the magazine. Boo hoo. There are so many ideas in this last issue.....that I am looking forward to experimenting with....now, to get through some crazy days and try to do some scrapbooking. I don't see how :(

I am exercising.........well, I started the week strong......two miles plus a day for three days....I am feeling stronger.......I know I have more stamina for my days.....I pray I can keep up......wonder if I can take a walk outside this weekend in the warmer weather?


Here is picture thought I am sharing........

well....I.....have tried twice and waited forever for three fotos to load...it is not working this morning...so que sera sera.....

Love, chari

No comments: