Saturday, April 25, 2009

MY HEARTS' HAVEN DAYBOOK 2009















Here is my daybook for Saturday, April 25, 2009




Outside My Window.......a sunny day, as promised by weather.com....I have been waiting as patiently as I could for this day.........sunshine! I just wish it was supposed to be warmer.......but I guess 61* will feel pretty warm after yesterday..........when it was 36* at 10am when I was driving to town..........and there was snow everywhere........all of the trees dusted all the way up to the top of the mountains.

All three weeks of April have had at least one 70* or plus day......and at least one day with a dusting of snow. I can take the teasing..........though it is hard. I can stay hopeful........the calendar shows me that May and June are just around the corner. yes.

I am thinking........who "stole" my internet connection? I have checked everywhere........I am guessing Anne took it with her to Patty's house..........and forgot to bring it home......grrrrr. Everyone is still asleep........so I guess I will find out later.

Hmmm. I just checked her car and school bag.....nothing there. Patty's?

UPDATE: Turned out she had mistakenly left it at the college, sitting in the hallway.....phew! It was still there when she returned today. She is so lucky!

I am thankful for.............my friendship with Cindy. We went to a play last night at the college, at which Anne was the assistant director and propmaster...........and then she treated me to dessert at one of those old diners that has been around since the 1940's. It was nice to visit.........though I think I talked her ear off. :)

We ususally try to do "lunch" whenever both of us are at work at the same time. She is a hospice nurse........I help bring them in.........she helps them to go out. She is a wonderful person...........so I am guessing she is a wonderful nurse. :)

From the kitchen.........I know there is a naked chocolate cake in there..............and some pork steaks in the garage fridge........dinner will probably revolve around that.......as for breakfast............can't decide between a sprouted wheat bagel........or oatmeal.......something soon.....my tummy is growling.

I am wearing........Nevada-Reno Wolfpack socks from my dad.............to keep my feet warm.........some blue and white striped lounge pants handed down from Louise........a loose green shirt my dad bought me at The Gap.......loose and comfy

I am creating........hmmmm.........not sure.......will have to think longer on this......

YEAH, I wrote this last time........but sleepiness disallows the brain for creativity sometimes, ya know? I WANT to scrapbook.........

I am going...........to try to drive no where today........last week was one long day of busy-ness after another. Today is my break. I hope tomorrow is a break, too........I desperately need it. I am scheduled to work tomorrow...........and I pray they cut me because they don't need me. I am scheduled on Tuesday, too.......and I already know I will be working then. I am going to go take a hot bath with a hot cup of Irish Breakfast Tea........which I have not had for over a month.......avoiding caffeine due to my remedy.........and with Walden......though I am tempted to call Willa. Oh, I can't.......my phone just died.

Oh! Louise has called me and I am going to go to meet her at her house to go to "our destination" for a birthday outing.........I will let you know later!

I am reading.........I have finally finished "S.T.A.B.L.E.," a textbook for a STABLE class I have at the end of the month the topic being for post-resuscitation of the newborn and stabilization of the infant being transported. Stiil barely reading The Confessions of Saint Augustine. And almost through one essay in Walden; Or Life in the Woods by Henry David Thoreau. Still reading The Wind in the Willows aloud to the boys.

And, I quickly read Child of the Jungle by Sabine Kuegler. This is the story of this woman's life..........her parents raised her and her siblings in a very remote jungle of Indonesia, as the first white people ever to interact with many of the inhabitants. I feel she wrote it well.........I enjoyed it. I just feel bad that her parents sent all three of them as mid-teens back into the "world" for education.......but had not really prepared them for it. Not only that, but teens need their parents just as toddlers need their parents..........and these teens had to fend for themselves. I think if their parents wanted them to get a Western education......they should have sacrificed a few years out of the jungle..........to care for their burgeoning young adults. A lot of heart ache could have been prevented.

I am hoping.............we can accomplish all required of us by June 4th.............when my calendar shows a bit of freedom. I may make a to-do list.....and, I would love to have warm days to accomplish these things. This busy-ness is why I am not going to be able to blog much.

I am hearing......hum of the computer and Garrett breathing as he stays warm in my bed..........and Doris Day songs.............yeah, I am a little different. :)

I am wondering.......if I have already lived half of my life............or if today is my half-way mark? I am 45 years old today...........and it feels kind of freaky knowing that the first 45 years ZIPPED by .......time is racing, racing.........what does God want me to do with the second half of my life? My grandma is going to be 88 years old in June. I want to be her age some day. And still scrapbooking??? :) My father-in-law is almost to 86 years old..........and still travels all over the country visiting his relatives and kids. I want to do that.

Around the house.......I am not in the same "I can clean the house up in 20 minutes" place I have been over the last few years. It has been a bit sloppy for the last few weeks.......is it months? And, I cannot take it anymore!

Now Showing..........I watched "What's Eating Gilbert Grape?" the other night.........when I should have been sleeping. Well-acted..........Leonardo Dicapprio was AMAZING portraying an 18 year old.........I think he was autistic.......but they never said....I think. There is one, er, two bad parts.....so I will not share it with the kids.......plus it was just plain depressing........

We have started the second disc of The Planet Earth, a BBC series from Discovery Channel. They spent over 25 million dollars making it.......and it shows. It is absolutely wonderful and amazing!!! See it if you can........we are getting ours from Netflix.

In the schoolroom.....and OUT of the schoolroom....Bach, squares & rectangles, multiplication, fractions, pi, circumference of a circle, decimals, copywork, grammar, spelling, baseball, piano, singing, American history, chicken egg development, picture books "starring" chickens, Saint stories, First Holy communion notebook and prep, play rehearsals, tee ball & baseball for the two little boys.............and more

One of my favorite things.........a yummy pastrami sandwich, mustard and pickles only..........from Johnny's Pastrami......where four generations of my family love, love, love to eat! I have mentioned it on my blog before........we try to go there the day before we go to Disneyland. You can see photos here.

Why is it on my mind? Well, Louise called this morning, and asked me "What else is on a Johnny's Pastrami sandwich besides pickles?" Now it is heavy on my mind...... :)

Signs of the seasons............my pear tree is blooming.......see weather above.......I have purple grape hyacinths and daffidils........the lawn is getting quite green........a few days last week without leggings or sweatshirts........little league.....

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...........hmmm....let's see.....

Monday-usual drive all over, from one town to another.......oh, piano is in the evening instead of afternoon.....tee ball game for Malachy

Tuesday-I work

Wednesday-I am taking a class all day.......little boys to Shawna's all day........rest of kids to college class and then to Patty's for math and whatever

Thursday-testing at the charter school for the kids (note......I do it for the charter school.........I do not ever teach to the test.......we do our own thing.period. ......the tests are meaningless to me.....and I teach the kids the same) -tee ball game for Malachy

Friday-Sarah goes to see the pediatric cardiologist in the morning and then the usual driving plus help Matthew work on set-building-take Maddelyn to see the concert band concert at the college

Saturday-take a college student from San Diego to see waterfalls and other natural history around here.......before he moves back home!

Sunday- Mass........rest!!!???

Special prayer requests on my mind this week.........that the homeopathic practioner can find the right remedy for me.......the last did not cure me............and private intentions.

St. Gerard's List..........Tonia, Suzanne, Louise, Victoria & Erica.....and we can add two of our nieces......both in New Hampshire: Clara due with #5 and Suzanne with #2. So strange to write that.........I knew both of them when they were babies!

I am currently scrapbooking..........June? Where are you??? I kind of thought I would scrapbook all day for my birthday........but I think that will not be. Maybe this afternoon???


I am exercising.........I think I only got on the treadmill once last week due to not being home all week long...........but, it went well! I should get three days in this week........

Here is picture thought I am sharing........









Malachy dressed up in Maddelyn's ballet recital costume when he was about 8 months old.....or is he 18 months old?










God bless!

Love,

Chari

3 comments:

Robynn said...

Happy Birthday. Sending my prayers for a georgous day.

Love

Gloria said...

Happy Birthday to you Chari. I think that you have pretty good odds at scrapbooking into your 80's. Here's to a long and fruitful life. Cheers!

Chari said...

Thanks, you two! You are very sweet!

Robynn.....get yourself up here this summer!

We are going to McCloud Falls on Saturday.......I always think of you there. :)