Monday, August 22, 2011

Haven Heartbeats

A ten-day forecast of sunshine??? And the days are warm??? Heaven on earth! I am sooooo not going to complain. Winter will be here soon enough!

                                         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The husband is gone for the week. He is spending a few days with Matthew at Thomas Aquinas College, as Matthew settles in for his sophomore year. Then, the husband will spend a few days quietly enjoying the coast. He could really use some quiet time. I have to figure out how I am going to spend this time while he is gone. I just happened to have only two half days at work this week…..till a full day next Saturday……so, I need to make some decluttering plans.


                                         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I want to be a co-op teacher for homeschoolers……I almost ache with all of the possibilities. I think I could be a natural. Oh, so many possibilities........

                                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Got this quote from my friend Gloria L. on Facebook. Mark Twain is a frequent companion of mine……so, I thought I would store this quote here:

"If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're misinformed." - Mark Twain



I often wonder if would have “loved” Mark Twain if I knew him in person, as the person I am today……but, I know I love to read his writings now.
                                                                  SO.MUCH.WIT.

                                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As of a week ago, we have maxed out on our cell phone plan. Doesn’t AT&T realize that some families are bigger than five??? My 16yo daughter made note that not too long in the future, our family will require 8 cell phones…..and of course, 8 computers…….and eventually 8 cars. Our drive-way already fills up with the cars we have now!

(Yes, I do realize they will not all be living here at that point….but, I hope they will visit at the same time, often enough. Should make for an interesting future…..)

                                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have been writing letters again. I am loving it! I hope a few of these recipients will write back to me so I can actually have a mail exchange. It has been a long time.

                                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Flylady. Do you remember her? I am sure she is still popular, but I do not hear her mentioned amongst homeschoolers like she was when she first started out. When I looked into her “system” for home and life organization over ten years ago, I found there was a lot I was already doing that was similar. Even so, I was able to learn a lot of new ideas and incorporate them into my life. We still do our “27 Fling.” :) Some of those routines I let go of……and I think I want to reincorporate that back into my life. A couple of my kids are asking for a recall of our routines. I am re-reading her book “Sink Reflections” just for new inspiration. There are so many editorial errors….I am trying to just let that go by…..


One of Flylady’s recommendations is to “Dress to the shoes” each day. Needing energy to get things done…….I started doing that again….wearing shoes instead of going around with my usual barefoot self. Once again, I am amazed at the amount of energy I can put out simply because I have shoes on. I need to remember that tomorrow….because the last three days have been a bit of a bust…..a barefoot bust.
                             ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 I really miss Hawaii.  I really miss my sister.  I really miss my sister's car. 

Not necessarily in that order. 

                                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Got to plan school;  got to plan school;  got to plan school........

Got to remember that I have got to plan school.

                                   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This new iPhone is a huge distraction.........I am sure life previous to it was much more simpler.

                               ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I fell today at work.  There was an uneveneness between sidewalk sections.  My shoe stopped and I was slammed to the ground. Somehow, I only scraped and bruised my palms.  My knees were barely scraped.  I had such a flashback to that last fall on my skateboard when I was 14 years old.  Now that was a nasty fall!  I think I will be okay.....it was really embarrassing.  Not sure if anyone saw it happen besides God.  :)

                                     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Blessings!

Love,

Chari




No comments: