Friday, August 12, 2011

Haven Heartbeats

I love Facebook…but I want some of my thoughts permanent……especially the family memories…..….and I want to blog more than I want to Facebook……

Since I met Facebook, I have rarely used my blog……..and I am not satisfied with that. So, I am going to try to put my Facebook thoughts on the blog sometimes instead of Facebook. (as if anyone cares  :)  )


I also have to let go of my tendency to always think the blog post must be long……..or more than random thoughts and ideas.  And, I will try to give up thinking I must always include links......just because I can.
………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………


I kind of feel like my summer is just getting started. What with cool weather, baseball and preparing and going to Hawaii…..I feel like I missed the beginning of our summer. Then, we were home for only a couple of weeks…I worked more than usual……and we were quite busy….and then we took a trip to San Diego for Aunt Beth’s wedding to Uncle Tim……and then getting Sarah off to Austria…..I feel like only now can I breathe….and begin to face all of the organization needed in my life.
I just wish I could get enough sleep to support my endeavors. I will begin a very busy work schedule shortly…and then time will be tight again. So much to declutter and reorganize……sigh.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Two summers ago, we sent our two oldest baby birds into the world…….one literally INTO the world.


This summer, we send three out into the world….the same two, plus the third oldest. We sent her literally INTO the world: a year in Austria.

Sarah left on Monday this week. Matthew returns to Thomas Aquinas College as a sophomore on August 20th. Marty will take him back to school. It is an 11 hour drive from our Hearts’ Haven.



Lucky us…….Anne will not return to Southern Oregon University for her final year until the end of September. This is the MAIN reason I have come to love the quarter system, finally.  We are all so excited to have over a month of quiet (ha!) life with her. She and Maddelyn are going to love this time together. And, Anne says she wil help me with meals so I can get some decluttering done.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Hanging over my head is the school planning for 2011-2012. I mostly know what I need to do…I just wanted to have so much organization completed before I start into the final planning………sigh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Prayer requests that come to mind:
For my mom who is suffering from a nasty chronic disease.
For my daughter who must file a lawsuit against the company who caused her car accident almost two years ago…….come on, people…….just admit blame and let’s all move on!!!

For all of the folks I know who need St. Joseph’s help…….including our own private intentions.



For a friend and her husband who just recently began doing foster care.

 
For my co-workers, especially one in particular. Things are pretty overwhelming right now at work. Pray for me, too…for when I have to be there. I am praying for a new situation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just re-watched/listen to The Phantom of the Opera movie while I cleaned my room and bathroom. What an amazing piece of art! If you have never seen it, do! The summer of 2005 (?) was our summer of Phantom. We fell in love with the movie then......and the music.






We saw the musical on Broadway in summer of 2007. While it was good, I DO prefer this movie over the play. It is so well-done. I think it is one of the best musical-to-movie ever done. I hope the Les Miserables movie will be just as high quality. I hope!!! Cannot wait to see it!

                           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Blessings,

Chari



















No comments: