Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Why do I think I have suddenly gone from second nurse tomorrow, to first???

Well, let's see..............there are only ten of us. Plus, 2 supervisors who are OB capable.

The one working tonight, hurt her back.......so, the first nurse for tomorrow is now tonight's night nurse. That's two.

........because, the other night nurse was sick, again, and unavailable. That's three.

Of three regular day shift RN's.........one is in Arkansas, one is on medical leave for her back, still.....and the third has to take one of those required classes and exams that I had to take last September, because she missed it........because she was jet-lagged from her recent return from Jolly Ol' England. That makes six.

Of the ten, four are supplementals......which means we do not have regular shifts.

One is in San Diego for Thanksgiving holidays with her daughter-in-law, because her husband is in Iraq (my friend's son......please pray for him and his separated family!)..........another has a very impressive head cold.........I am not sure where the other RN is, but she also works a regular position at another hospital......so, maybe she is there?

That makes nine.

Plus, my supervisor is in Poland right now........and something was up with the other one....therefore........

.......if you do the math, that leaves only one.

Now do you see why I think it may be ME?

Please pray for my day......my patients......the doctors.....and my kids!

Thanks!

And, you, my friends, and relatives, have a blessed day!!


Love,

Chari

PS.........do not expect any Daybook next Monday.....I will try........but it may be too hard to do with company, get-togethers & three shows in one weekend!

Sudden update!!! Just before I went to bed, I tried calling OB one more time.........and found out that the RN out with back problems returns to work tomorrow for the first time since mid-September! YAY!!!! This makes me so happy........since it is having this full-time nurse out that has had me squeaking by as the first nurse. I would much rather be her second........we have fun working together! And, I rest easier in her expertise. :)

Even though she will be there......I do expect there is a good chance I may be working tomorrow.........

A very good night!

No comments: