Monday, April 18, 2011

Thankfulness Times Ten…….




Here are the guidelines I have for this thankfulness theme……

Just find ten things I am thankful for, in the moment. I have no rules...I may go over ten, if I cannot help myself......I may repeat myself.....and, I will write in no particular order of importance. If you feel inspired to do the same....do link yourself here in the comment section.


I am thankful for........

1. A husband who works so very hard for his family……. (I pray daily for his job security and job satisfaction)….and one who keeps asking once a week if he can make dinner for us (Uh….heck, yeah!). He is a natural in the kitchen and such an excellent example to his boys…all three of whom enjoy working in the kitchen preparing a meal. I am also grateful for his attention to the boys and their sports. St. Joseph, pray for us!


2. The chance my high schoolers have to receive a scholarship from the McConnell Foundation to attend the Yosemite Institute for a week in April. Matthew attended. Then Sarah attended. Maddelyn is there now. How exciting and wonderful to live in Yosemite for a week when you are young. I am not jealous. Not.




This is Sarah during her visit in 2010.

3. Wonderful friends and family to stay with when we travel up and down California. There are more than these listed, of course……but this is where we stayed on the latest trip…. We have our second home in San Francisco with the G-Family….and we love and adore their extended family as well. My Great-uncle Howard and my cousin Lynn (my namesake) live near the ocean and were so hospitable: making a birthday party for Garrett's 14th birthday, taking us to the beach….and putting up with us! J With one evening's short notice (due to a big snowstorm that moved into my original travel plans), my brother-in-law Christopher and his wife Dana put the little boys and I up for a few days in their home in San Diego. It was such a nice visit. And quiet, for once…..not having to run all over the place to see the sights. The boys loved a chance to swim in the pool.




To the left of the pole we have
my Garrett, 14, my Malachy, 9, my Sarah, 18, my Anne, 22 & Charlotte, 5.
To the right of the pole, we have Clairemarie, 10, my Maddelyn, 15,
Clementine, 8, my adorable godson, Benedict, 2.5 and their beautiful mommy, Gloria G.
We spent a couple of wonderful hours at the Japanese Tea Gardens in Golden Gate Park.



A little pizza party for Garrett's 14th birthday in downtown San Luis Obispo
with my Great-uncle Howard and his daughters, my second-cousins, Lynn and Claudia.
It was a wonderful night! Thanks for the treat, Unc!!


In San Diego at the grand opening of a piece of freeway in Santee.
Niece Julia, her friend, my Garrett, nephew Benjamin and my Malachy.


4. Living in a very long and gorgeous state that borders the ocean. California is something to see in the springtime!!!



5. The generosity of our friend Patty who has been tutoring my older kids in math for a couple of years now. They adore her method of teaching and all have blossomed under her tutelage. They LIKE math now! J



6. The generosity of our dear friends, Louise and Evan and their lovely and fun children, Miranda and Emileo. They fulfill that need of "family" that we all have when we live far from our own family.





7. The homeschooling lifestyle. I could rave on forever….but the fact that I get to spend so much time with my kids and that they have become each others' best friends is reason enough. Of course……the ability to travel whenever is a pretty awesome pro as well!


8. That my husband refurbished a computer for me so that I could move closer to rest of the world's abilities. It is nice to have some speed and space. I am not very fond of change…but I am being patient….and learning the updated programs…..one.step.at.a.time. Today I discovered how to write a blog post in Word…and publish it from there! This is so wonderful because blogger and I have a few relationship issues when it comes to writing drafts. Actually…..I have not done it yet…..still hoping it works!!


9. For the way Facebook allows frequent interaction with my relatives. Now, I do not miss them as much as I was without FB….we share more fun times and jokes…..and we can be there to celebrate or pray for each other. And most wonderful: we can watch each others' kids grow up via pictures and stories. Especially all of the sweet new cousins!


10. Our six wonderful and awesome kids. This picture will have to be worth the rest of the words…..




The first time all six kids were together since New Year's weekend.
Anne 22
Matthew 20
Sarah 18
Maddelyn 15
Garrett 14….in a few days from this photo
Malachy 9



Tell me about your blessings!


Love & prayers,


Chari



 





No comments: